Monday, May 4, 2009








I know now that God knew what he was doing when I was only given Austin. He started off Saturday in my jetted tub, added really dirty toys (without my knowledge), and then half a bottle of lotion (he said he thought it was bubble bath!) He even decided that wearing his clothes would be quite fun. (no clue on that one) By the time I cleaned that mess up and got my laundry going…it was lunch time. I fixed lunch then his friend called and begged to play. Ok, figuring it was raining they would stay inside. NOT! An hour later….they tromp back in my house (as I am mopping the kitchen floor) muddy and wet. They run upstairs and slam the door. 10 minutes later I know something is up and go up to find the door locked and squeaky noises coming from inside. I demand to be let in and after some banging (from them) they let me in. I find them sitting on the bed looking too innocent. I said “ WHAT? Do I look like Stupid? " Austin immediately starts in on a story about how they went to Wheeler Farm and found some babies without a mom. I said “where are they? And how many?” He pulls back his covers…poop everywhere …and there are 4 baby ducks running crazy. Then I notice the poop all over the room. “What did you guys do? Let them run all around the room?” I tell him to clean it up while I rescue the ducks by putting them in my (recently cleaned) tub. They immediately fell asleep by a towel. As I am leaving the bathroom and shooing the dogs out, I smell bleach. No way! They are cleaning the carpet with the bathroom bleach cleaner!!!. Yikes !!! I hurry and dump water all over trying to dilute it as much as possible. Needless to say by the time I get all that cleaned up and order restored (somewhat) to the house, throw Austin's bedding into the laundry, Jeff comes home and wonders why there are ducks in the bathroom. We pack them up and head over to Wheeler Farm hoping that we can find a mom with babies that will just accept them and we can leave. But that would have been too easy. No mothers in sight and it was starting to rain again. I finally found some 4H girls (that volunteer at the farm) and asked if they can take the ducks. She said sure since people had been dropping off baby chicks and ducks since Easter. Then the other gal comes up and says “those aren’t ducks, they are Canadian geese and are protected by Federal law. We aren’t allowed to cage them” I then about came unglued. I was done. I asked what do we do now? The first girl said she will try and mix them in with another group later tonight and if that doesn’t work she will hide them in with the other baby ducks til they can be released safely. Then I got the lecture on why we shouldn’t handle babies. DUH! Do you think I would really run around catching ducks? Hello!! Then after finding Jeff and Austin (they were hiding out of course) we went home to once again clean out the tub. I have come to greatly respect those mothers who can stay at home with their children. I all the sudden LIKE my job.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for making me laugh so hard! I had to call Andrew in from the other room so that he could see what was making me laugh like that. What a kid you have there, he's going to keep you on your toes. We love you guys and hope to see you soon! Oh and Andrew wants to know if you liked the pics of the backyard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Wendy I can relate only multiply it by 4:) I do have to say that they haven't taken ducks, thankfully! They have been crazy with snakes and found some baby muskrats behind my neighbors house. I am not a good "boy" mom. Hey I thought bleach cleaner was not allowed near you anymore, I remember bleach somehow always finding it's way to spill on you:) Tell Austin good lookin car. love ya

    ReplyDelete