I never really thought about my death until I lost mom. But losing someone close to you gives you clarity. It helps you see what matters most; it allows you to appreciate the precious pieces a person leaves behind. It makes me take time to enjoy those little moments that we seem to skip. It makes me wonder what my son will think when I pass. Will he remember me yelling at him to clean up his room or will he remember every morning me telling him how much I love him? I sure hope the good can out weigh the bad.
I hope I can instill within him the integrity of hard work, the love of the gospel, the joy of gardening, and the importance of family.
Most of all to love with your entire being...Life. For all of its up and downs, insides and outs, it is a wonderful thing. Take what you are given and make it the best you can. Don't judge, don't hate, and don't give up. Life is short enough. Don't waste it by holding grudges or hanging on to what you cannot control.
“The supreme prayer of my heart is not to be learned, rich, famous, powerful, or good, but simply to be radiant. I desire to radiate health, cheerfulness, calm courage, and good will. I wish to live without hate, whim, jealousy, envy, fear. I wish to be simple, honest, frank, natural, clean in mind and clean in body, unaffected, as ready to say I do not know, if it be so, and to meet all men on an absolute equality, to face any obstacle and meet every difficulty unabashed and unafraid. I wish others to live their lives, too - up to their highest, fullest, and best. To that end I pray that I may never meddle, interfere, dictate, give advice that is not wanted, or assist when my services are not needed. If I can help people, I'll do it by giving them a chance to help themselves; and if I can uplift or inspire, let it be by example, inference, and suggestion, rather than by injunction and dictation. That is to say, I desire to be radiant - to radiate life.Elbert Hubbard
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Wendy,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see some more photos and your words, it looks like you guys have been enjoying yourselves already this early spring, which is fantastic. We think of you and your family often and wish the very best for you all. Have a great Mother's Day and just enjoy being a Mom, don't worry too much about what he'll think later on, just worry about today and the rest takes care of itself.
Love you!
Thats some good stuff. A lot of truth there. Thanks for sharing. I hope your mothers day was a good one.
ReplyDeleteHalfway through that I was thinking, dang, she finally learned how to write, very impressive. Then I realized it was quoted. lol. Still impressive and just as important and meaningful whoever wrote it. Be true to your self sis, you are a great person. Hope you had a great mothers day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers day to my sister. I remember when you first found out you were pregnant, you were scared and were wondering if you were ready for something so big....now look you are still worried and wondering if you are ready. Aren't we all. Like our brothers said you are great and we love you...I too thought you were writing great and realized you were quoting;) So funny. I know mom loves you and miss's you love you sis
ReplyDeleteI wrote most of it! DUH.
ReplyDelete