Sunday, March 15, 2009


I don't know where to begin...things happen so fast in life that we take little time to enjoy them (or dwell on them) I must say we all have Spring Fever here at the Fox house. Even the dogs run around the yard like crazies. I think I have officially quit Pepsi! Yes, it has been done. A couple of my friends at work were discussing this thing called Lent. After we did some diggin we decided that it isn't such a bad idea to give up, something you really enjoy, for 40 days in preparation for Easter. Of course the first thing they said was my Pepsi, then to be mean they threw in sunflower seeds, so they in turn had to give up Coffee. I felt that was fair cause I only drank 2 Pepsis a day and they drank probably 4 to 6 cups of coffee. Let me just say that the only guy in our dept said he was taking his vacation the first week of our "Lent" which probably was wise on his part. We are keeping a pretty good attitude about it so it has made it easier, plus whoever breaks down first has to buy lunch for the rest of us. I sure don't want to buy 8 people lunch so I have yet to drink a Pepsi in 3 weeks. It has sure made me think alot of how I let such a little thing rule part of my life. After the headaches quit, I swear I actually think a little clearer. Maybe not after reading this jibberish, but seriously, it did get me thinking about how little preparation I took in readying myself for Easter. I always make sure we have eggs decorated, and candy, and the Easter Bunny has been notified, but I rarely think of the daily preparations Our Savior did for us. Now I am trying to think of ways I can bring the spirit into the holiday. Any ideas? Let me know. On another note (this one is for Mike) I think I am putting Pepsi out of business...the vending machine said he hasn't had to fill it as often...is this helping the economy? hmmmm I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. That's a great idea - I can't believe you still drink Pepsi, Diet Coke (caffeine-free, of course) is much better! :)

    I, for one, think the best way to bring the Spirit into the holiday (or any day) is to spend at least 30 minutes each night together as a family reading and discussing the scriptures, followed by meaningful prayer for our family and those we know and love. It's something we should do every day, of course, not just around special events, but if you focus your discussions and prayers around the needs of your family and others for those special times it really brings the Lord into your home.

    We love and miss your family; how about a few more pictures from time to time? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I have known many people that do this every year, but I never took it upon myself. I'm going to try it for whats left. I remember the mail man doing this and he gave up chocolate. It was great for me as he brought me all his chocolate and cookies people would leave him. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it is true...Cory said so but I didn't believe him. So this is your 5th try at it;) My sis can do it I know it. If you stay off the Peepsi(remember Jason) I will make you a tatortot casserole just for you!!! Good job sister I love ya

    ReplyDelete